Urinary tract infection is a common disease, including urethritis, cystitis, nephritis. Urinary tract infection symptoms are usually obvious, and there is the chance of recurrence; if you can not get proper treatment, the consequences could be serious.
Cause of disease
Most of the infections are caused by the E. coli (a bacterium often deposited in the large intestine).
- Urinary frequency: frequent number of times, but you can only discharge a small amount of urine
- Chitong feel when urinating, burning
- Cloudy urine, even bloody
- Abdominal pain (near the pubic position), showing a bladder infection
- If fever, back pain, nausea, vomiting, kidney may become infected show
Why do women have a higher chance of suffering from urethritis?
Opportunities for women than men suffer from urinary tract infection is high, mainly due to the physical structure are different:
- Urethral length
Male urethra is about 15 cm, while the female urethra is only five centimeters, so bacteria easily straight bladder, and then upstream to reach the kidneys.
- Sexual stimulation
Penis enters, not only to stimulate the genitals, vulva bacteria will put into the woman’s urethra.
- The opening portion of the urethra
Male urethra opened at tip of the penis, the female urethra is opened at the vulva, vagina adjacent, also near the anus, and is surrounded by the size of the labia. If the vulva dirty or wiped from the anus forward after using the toilet, they are susceptible to the vulva, vagina or anus bacterial invasion and cause infection.
- Particularly vulnerable period
Pregnancy: inflatable bladder uterus pressing, so not completely emptying the bladder urineMenopause: weakened immunity
- Physicians should instruct patients to complete the entire course of antibiotics, should not be half-way stop; otherwise, the bacteria may become resistant, the patient will need to take a long time to put the more powerful antibiotics to wipe out the bacteria.
- Patients should drink plenty of water, because adequate amount of urine from the urethra to help flush the bacteria out of the body.
- Such as people with diabetes or urinary tract stones, should receive appropriate treatment in order to prevent urinary tract infections.
Urinary tract infection prevention
- Maintain personal hygiene
- After going from the vulva to the anus should be wiped after visit
- Pay attention to sexual health, and to emptying after urination
- Avoid using soaps containing perfume ingredients, liquid soap, vaginal lavage
- Avoid wearing too tight or gas-tight pants (including underwear)
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid the habit of forbearance of urine
- Alert, early detection and treatment
Cure all your urinary tract problems with Specialist Hospital, One of the Best Cosmetic Centre in Kerala. If you are facing any of this infections, don’t hesitate to take an appointment with us.Our Website: www.specialistshospital.com