Techniques are being developed everyday in every field. Like all areas, cosmetic surgeries and techniques are being developed. There had been several techniques in all areas of cosmetic surgery. Brow lift was one among them. People’ beauty concepts may change over time. But, there are certain underlying principles that may not change. It is a belief that, the eye brows are to be in a certain shape and structure. Brow lift is a surgical procedure through which the eye brows are lifted to the optimum shape and size. Brow lift is also known as forehead lift.
Ageing is the main issue that causes lines or wrinkles in the forehead and brow. There are different methods and procedures to remove these signs of ageing. Brow lift is one among them. Brow lift can be of two types such as:
- Endoscopic brow lift: It is a minimally invasive procedure which requires a small incision. A small incision will be made within the hair. The incision will be hidden. The tissue of the brows will release and elevate using fiberoptic equipments. There will be minimal bruising and will heal quickly.
- Innovative temporal brow lift: Temporal lift is an innovative technique in the field. It is also a minimally invasive endoscopic procedure. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. This procedure can be called as a scaled back version of the minimally invasive endoscopic brow lift.
A good candidate for brow lift:
- Type of the surgery chosen
- Candidate’s skin type
- Expectations for the surgery
- Degree of skin elasticity
- Individual healing rate etc.
Individuals between the age 40-60 are more likely to attempt brow lift surgery. But, some may choose it at an earlier age in certain cases. It is important to have a decent and realistic expectation regarding the surgery and its results.
Surgery can be done within hours. You may not have to stay overnight in the hospital for the surgery. The surgery will be conducted under local anesthesia. The surgeon will make incisions and remove the part of the muscle that causes vertical frown lines between the brows if needed. It smooths wrinkles in the forehead and modify the drooping brows. After finishing the surgery, the incisions will be closed with sutures or staples. The area of surgery will be cleaned and bandage your face. You will have to follow instructions of the surgeon until you recover completely after the surgery. Otherwise, there might be complications and side effects that may cause you problems in future.